Highlight of the show was Sandpainter Katrin Weissensee. Her talent to tell stories by her art, and ban her audience, is indeed magical. That it will make you smile and laugh is unique for the art of sandpainting.
Domenico Dante - President of the World Society of Magicians (FISM)
Katrin Weissensee: Sand Painting for Galas and Special Occasions
The art of Sand painting is an extraordinary art. It is both visual and performing arts at the same time. With this quality it is almost predestined for special occasions. It lends sophistication to any occasion. And so it is not surprising that the list of events for which sand painter Katrin Weißensee has already performed is varied and extensive. To be mentioned here are the
- Charity events in which the celebrities from politics, business and society come in a never-ending stream: e. g. the Hope Gala 2010 in Dresden, or the Windflüchter Gala 2017 under the patronage of Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel.
- Opening events of major events, such as the opening ceremony of the Biathlon World Cup 2010, the opening event of the MEDICA for the global Forum of Medicine to the speech of Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel, the opening event of the IG Metal trade union Day, with the planned speech of Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel, represented by Vice-Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel.
- Award ceremonies, including the LOTTERIES GALA "Night of Sport" in Vienna with live broadcast on ORF and the festive event for the award ceremony of the national competition "Youth researches".
- Open days, like the Garden Festival for the "Day of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation" in Berlin, or the day of the open door at the MDR in Erfurt.
- Receptions, such as the Chinese New Year's reception in Bern.
Sand Painting and Magic
Since these now appear on the reference list in considerable numbers, here are also the many international events for the world-renowned art of magic mentioned. For the sand painter Katrin Weißensee it is a special pleasure get the opportunity to perform so often for fellow artists from other disciplines.